Methylcellulose is great for making slime or goop and it's non-toxic. Formulae and mixing instructions for three different viscosities—slime, goop and double thick goop—are included with each order.
To add color, we recommend using food coloring or other non-toxic pigments.
Want more information? Check out our Methylcellulose Troubleshooting page.
Call 818-994-3049 for more information. Currently only ships within the Continental United states.
FORMULA FOR 1 GALLON OF SLIME/GOOP
1.Measure powdered methyl cellulose based on desired viscosity:
- Thin viscosity “slime” 1 scoop = 45g powdered methyl cellulose
- Medium viscosity “goop” 1.5 scoops = 68g powdered methyl cellulose
- Heavy viscosity “double thick goop” 2 scoops = 90g powdered methyl cellulose
2. Divide methylcellulose powder into two equal parts and set aside.
3. Heat 3 quarts of water to near boiling and transfer into a 1 gallon container (or larger)
4. Add one-half of the methylcellulose powder to the water and stir vigorously until dissolved.
5. Add the other half of the methylcellulose powder and stir vigorously until dissolved.
6. Add 1 quart of room temperature or chilled water and stir well.